Saturday, January 18, 2020

Jewels and books coming to Caspar

I just created this new flyer for the sale that we will be doing at the Caspar Community Center when they have the monthly fund
raising breakfast on January 26th. My friend Annie Lee who brings textiles and jewelry back from her trips to Guatemala will be sharing the north room of the center with me. Some of the profits from her sales will help support artisans and scholarships for students down there. Carlie and I will be showing our latest mixed metal jewels and I, in the role of the Caspar Bookster will put out 25 to 30 boxes of a great variety of gently used books. I'm really culling out my large collection of books, gave 74 boxes to the Fort Bragg library and local thrift stores this past year and hope to do that with 100 boxes this year. My current rule is that for every book that I acquire I have to get rid of 4. I must confess though that my book obsession is not quite over yet, but I only buy books that I feel are special in some way. And, of course, I'm always looking for ones that have more than ordinary value, just found one at a thrift store that I believe will sell for $160 or so on the internet. The looking for treasure game which I'm sort of addicted to. Have started working in the jewelry studio again, making neat trinkets. I'm becoming fond of this semi-retirement thing which means that our first big art fair of the year won't be until May 16 and 17 near downtown Los Altos, south of San Francisco.
In some years past we would have done as many as 5 or 6 shows before that time. I'll have my 77th birthday 2 days after the sale. How did that happen?





























1 comment:

  1. I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me.
    luxury safe

    ReplyDelete