Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New Work for Sale

 We have been working in our little pygmy forest studio very diligently making new mixed metal jewels and getting ready for our annual selling foray into Arizona in March. We are starting to do the final finishing on pieces now so I'm going to be posting some of these to the blog in upcoming days. These pieces will be for sale until we head off towards the desert. Part of the time I've been contemplating the fact that I turned 69 years old a few days ago and am still having a hard time getting my mind completely around that. And so it goes.

The pendant at the top is one of Carlie's hinged pendants set with a piece of Mendocino abalone that I found, cut & polished and a cabochon of Afghani lapis lazuli at the bottom. At the top is a Chinese fresh water pearl. It is made of silver,
Mixed Metal Pendant
copper & 14k gold. It is 2 1/2 inches tall and 7/8 inch wide at the widest point. It is $335 which includes a sterling silver snake chain.

The bottom pendant that I made is silver, copper & gold set with an Orissa garnet from India. It is a little over an inch in diameter and will sell for $185 with a silver chain. If you have any interest or questions about any of the jewels we have posted to sell, send us an email and we can work out details.

I'll soon be going to the ocean to look for pieces of abalone shell that have been washed up by the recent storms we've had. I'll post some pictures of my findings.




2 comments:

  1. These are absolutely stunning! I hope to create jewelry even half as beautiful as you one day! I hope you set up the teaching blog soon!

    Do you have any advice or links to tutorial websites for an aspiring jeweler?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good place to start would be with the online jewelers resource called Ganoksin or Orchid. Go to my blog's links page and click on that.

      Jima

      Delete