Saturday, February 11, 2012

The ring is the thing, mixed metals

Mixed Metal Rings
This series of rings started about 30 years ago and is still going strong and continuing to change. It's rare that I go to a fair without at least a couple of new variations. This is one of my personal strategies for keeping myself interested and involved with my jewel work. I look at a finished ring and say to my self, " that's nice but how can I change & vary it, what else can I do to make it interesting and esthetically pleasing". Of course, every once in a while a design pops up which becomes a standard, I like it, it sells well and I duplicate the design. Because these rings use similar design elements, double curve shapes, curving lines, gold balls, domes, they seem to me to all be cousins, sharing genetic design genes, they're a family. The ones pictured have already found homes but in the next week or so I'll be creating a page on the blog that will feature ones that I'm making and finishing now which will be for sale. Most are silver, copper & gold mixtures but some are all gold and some are just silver and gold. Both men and women buy & wear rings from this series and I have created quite a few sets for couples.

2 comments:

  1. The bottom left ring is exactly what I have been looking for for quite some time now. Is there anyway that I would be able to buy one online since I am not near any of your shows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have one of that specific design currently. If you would remind me after Christmas, we could talk more specifics about it. It is a mixture of silver and 14k gold. Depending on the size, it would be in the $185 to $195 price range I think. I haven't made that design in a while. I would need a ring size. When you remind me, email me at jima@mcn.org

    ReplyDelete