Monday, December 5, 2011

Home from Davis

Bug on Leaf, Pin/Pendant
We just got home From our fair in Davis and we were very happy with how we did. We even had a message on our phone when we got home from someone who wanted a jewel they had seen there but they were unable to get back to the show so I'll mail it to them. All in all very good in the money realm and an easy and enjoyable show to do. It was a pleasant drive home, after stopping at my favorite magazine store in Davis and picking up an interesting British published Crafts magazine that I can find nowhere else along with the latest issue of Ornament which has a somewhat fascinating article about the booming times of the Chinese fresh water pearl industry. I've thought that the Chinese supplied a huge proportion of the world's pearls but was blown away to find out that they supply 99 percent of the world's pearls and they've only been in the business since the 1970's. Wow! We also stopped at three of our favorite thrift stores in Petaluma and Santa Rosa to look for treasures and bargains and for me to harvest books for the other hat that I wear, that of the fellow called the Caspar Bookster. The Bookster's next book sale will be on Sunday, January 22nd of 2012 at the Caspar Community Center during the monthly Country Gourmet fundraising breakfast. To find out more about that side of my personal equation check out the Bookster Blog at http://casparbookster.blogspot.com

Tomorrow signals a return to the jewelry studio, I have 9 days in which to create some interesting new jewels for our last fair of the year in Chico. I have a lot of ideas bubbling around in my jewelry making mind and am looking forward to getting them down in metal, shell and stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment