Saturday, December 31, 2011

A series of changes

Mixed Metal Earrings
Most of the jewels that we make are unique, one of a kind pieces, or, like the earrings pictured above,
created in a series that develops and changes with each piece. Sometimes a series will go on for years, one jewel at a time, until it's course is run. I can hear my inner voice talking to me, saying, "that one is nice, what else can I do, how can I change it, what variables can I play with to make it better or different than it's predecessors"? This is one of the games that I play that has helped to keep me interested in making jewelry for well over 40 years. This particular series started in late October and each pair was well received and sold fairly quickly so the series will certainly continue throughout this upcoming year that is about to kick off in a little over an hour and a half from now. Happy New Year by the way.

1 comment: